We’ve all seen it in the movies, two individuals lock eyes from across the room, fall in love, nearly get torn apart by tragedy or a spiteful ex, reunite, and live happily ever after. New relationships are fun and exciting. The constant adrenaline high when you think about them, the sparks and fireworks that light up the sky when you’re together… it’s magical. But every so often, doubt rears its ugly head and you find yourself wondering if a relationship is too good to be true. Is this the real deal? Is this “the one”? How do you know it is a healthy relationship?
You can look for these signs:
- You bring the best out in each other.
- You care about each other’s opinions.
- You’re both comfortable being vulnerable and letting your walls down.
- You love being together but encourage each other to have your own interests.
- You don’t feel the need to be perfect around them 24/7.
- Your values and beliefs are similar.
- Everything just feels natural and effortless.
- You’re able to work through conflict together.
- Both of you lean on each other for support.
- You both put 100% into the relationship.
If this is the direction you’re heading in, you’re already ahead of the game. However, we can always continue to strengthen our relationships and learn how to treat one another fairly in times of conflict. Relationships are important to your health, well-being, and resilience. Stay committed and enjoy the journey.