Building, Improving and Increasing Confidence in Physical Fitness
Productive self-talk strategies can help counteract limiting beliefs and boost your mental edge to help you get the most from exercise and workouts.
In physical fitness settings, limiting beliefs such as uncertainty and doubt can block confidence. Therefore, beliefs an individual holds will impact performance.
P3 Power Statements to Build Confidence
- Purposeful thinking is having intent behind the thought
- Productive thinking is focusing on what to do
- Present-minded thinking is staying in the moment and being mindful
Examples of P3 Power Statements
- A Soldier does an overhead press exercise and needs to perform an explosive upward movement: “Extend through the roof.”
- A Soldier wants to drink more water daily to stay hydrated for better recovery: “Fuel the machine.”
- A Soldier is firing a weapon at the rifle range and wants to practice rhythmic breathing: “Five seconds in and five seconds out.”