Live a Sober Lifestyle
Living a sober lifestyle can open the door to many things, including improved relationships, better memory and health; more time, money, and energy; and a longer, meaningful life.
If you want to maintain an environment of recovery and stay sober, here are some tips to help you:
- Increase your exercise.
- Find a go-to food or drink to replace alcohol/substances.
- Build your social circle with sober friends.
- Reward yourself when you resist the temptation to drink or use.
- Get adequate sleep (at least 7-8 hours).
- Cook healthy meals at home.
- Develop and practice how to say “no, thank you” with confidence.
- Explore other social activities that don’t involve alcohol or substances.
- Fill your time with a healthier activity when you would typically drink or use.
- Celebrate the little victories. A day, a week, a month, a year, a decade without alcohol or substances is a huge accomplishment that YOU achieved!
For more ideas on how to live a sober lifestyle visit Own Your Limits.